Access Markets for Profit (AMP)*
Growing YOUR Craft Business
JOHANNESBURG - Applications 2017
The Africa Craft Trust assists craft businesses and artisans to expand livelihood opportunities and options. It collaborates with entrepreneurs in the handmade sector using business development and design to enhance access to markets and increased incomes.
Access Markets for Profit is a four-day workshop course offering practical business and market background and information. The sessions are designed specifically for African craft and artisan businesses looking to improve their sales and take their businesses to into new wholesale, retail and export markets. This course is unique in that it allows participants direct access to the trade show floor as well as connections to exhibitors, buyers, and industry experts.
Who should attend?
Craft business owners, entrepreneurs, designers and artisan businesses who make their primary income from making and selling handmade items. Business people looking to expand their craft business from individual retail sales into wholesale and export markets and run more profitable businesses should attend.
When and where?
Gallagher Estate, Midrand, during the
SARCDA Christmas 2017 (Trade Only Show)
August 24- 27, 2017
- Exposure to the SARCDA trade only gift and home accessories show
- Understanding of the gift and decorative accessories market structure, as well as opportunities for wholesale and export markets in South Africa and the US
- Networking opportunities with SARCDA exhibitors and potential buyers
- Understanding 2018 colour and design trend forecast and how to research trends
- Inspiration and new ideas for adapting or expanding your product range according to trends and target market
- Market related feedback on your current products
- Understanding of channels of distribution and determining your ideal sales channel
Advanced costing and pricing of products
- Understanding how to analyse your business finances
- Introductions to and a tailored tour of Johannesburg retail shops purchasing craft
- Ability to assess your organizational market readiness for local wholesale and export markets and decide on your next steps for business growth
ABOUT THE AFRICA CRAFT TRUST
Registered in 2005, the Africa Craft Trust draws on the experience of its parent NGO, US-based Aid to Artisans, which worked in Southern Africa with handcraft businesses since 1998. The Trust has collaborated with craft artisans from over 16 countries on our continent. It brings its whole experience of training and growing craft businesses to this unique scholarship-based training.
Scholarship Application Form
The Africa Craft Trust has a limited number of scholarships available for the August 2017 AMP course. Applications are welcome from anyone in South Africa with a South African ID number. Participation in the workshop will be awarded based on an assessment of your application. Preference will be given to established craft businesses, which earn their primary income from making and selling handmade products. To see if you qualify, complete the form and email it to the Trust.
The scholarship includes the course fee of R13, 900.00 plus accommodation and meals. It includes: all workshops, programme events, training materials, a networking reception, lunch on days of the workshop at the workshop venue, a breakfast and dinner allowance, transport to and from the workshop venue and shared accommodation at an hotel during the workshop period. A Gautrain transport card will be provided for the daily commute between the Rosebank and Midrand stations. Assistance with transport to Johannesburg may be available for applicants based outside of Gauteng.
The Scholarship DOES NOT include insurance, incidentals and transport to and from your place of residence to the accommodation in Rosebank, Johannesburg, for applicants based in Gauteng.
EXTENDED APPLICATION DEADLINE:
4 August, 2017
We will inform successful scholarship recipients no later than August 11, 2017.
If you are accepted, a small registration fee of R100.00 will be required to indicate your commitment and secure your place in the workshop.
If you think this programme is for you and your business, email this form or your questions to the Trust at email@example.com or to Lorato at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete all sections and show where you cannot supply information requested